What’s On: The Swancon 40 Convention Program
Final Program: available online and on mobile apps (Livecon)
The live, up-to-date Swancon 40 Program is available here
Note: if the link displays a Wednesday as the first day, please re-load the page – it is a known issue.
There are always last minute program changes due to emergencies and last minute cancellations. The Program on Livecon will be updated during the convention, however the app will need to be refreshed by the user (YOU) to see any changes.
There will be a pinboard in the Fan Lounge area that will be ONLY for official program changes – a printed official program will be placed on that inboard and updated with changes. Program participants will be emailed with changes affecting them.
Information for program item participants
Attending The Convention
After you have signed into the convention, Sarah the Programmer will be located down the far end of the corridor, between the Goldsworthy South and Hammersley rooms. Please come and see her to get your Panelist Pack.
Preferred Methods of Communication for Programmer at the Convention
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook Chat
- SMS: 0414 762 904 (no phone calls will be answered on this phone during the con – SMS only).
Please note: Unless you are a Flash Fan Presenter, it is expected you are bringing a device for your presentation. Swancon will have a collection of cables that have been tested and tagged at the convention hotel to ensure complaince with hotel requirements.
Please read the AV Equipment Preparation Guidelines (link below) and then let us know your specific AV requirements if you have any.
AV Equipment Preparation Guidelines
If you have a presentation or require AV equipment, then you can contact the AV Manager, Andy Hahn, in the following ways:
Alternatively, if urgent, ask for Andy at the registration desk.
Program Participant Expectations
- A one hour time slot is a 45 – 50 minute panel with 10 minutes break down/set up for the next panel
- Please be on Time
- Expect notification of the 45 minute mark by your moderator or a volunteer from front desk
- Moderators are listed in the Panel Blurb.
- AV Equipment is provided but you need to bring your own device EXCEPT for Flash Fan Panelists
- Please respect your moderator and your panelists
- You have the right to inform any one that a question is off topic, ill advised, personal, or not appropriate
- If you experience issues with the audience that you are uncomfortable with and do not have a moderator on your panel, please let Sarah or a committee member know and they will address these issues with the attendee.
- You also have the right to state that you are not comfortable completing your presentation and come and see Sarah immediately to have inappropriate attendees removed from the panel, or from the convention.
- If Sarah is not available, the Front Desk or a Committee Member will be able to handle your needs.