Call for Volunteers: Family Stream
Kitty here, your friendly neighbourhood family stream coordinator. I’m here to seek your help in making the family stream run as smoothly as possible.
First, if you have children who will be attending Swancon and attending the family stream, please send me their names, ages, and likely days they will attend. This helps me make sure there are enough activities for the right age groups available on each day. There will be other activities available, so don’t feel pressured to only bring children on the days you send me :)
My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am also after some people to help the stream run well. If you think this is you, send me a message with what you’d like to help out with, and any time and day requirements, as well as equipment you might need.
Some suggested ideas for helping:
- Creating circuits (for older children)
- DIY activities (eg. “Make Your Own Game”, “How To Origami”
- Drawing workshops)
- Sewing, knitting, and crochet for kids
- Face painting
- Science based activities (eg. “how to stump a scientist”, “science experiments”)
- Food-based activities (chocolate ker-plunk, kitkat jenga, etc.)
I am also looking for people who would like to run short panels (No longer than 30 minutes) for the family stream. Any older kids who would like to run a panel would also be welcome! These can be as short as 10 minutes or as long as 30 minutes.Program